Sunday, January 16, 2011

Le Tour de St. Michel

One of the IES interns, Kelsy, took us on a small tour of the Ile-de-la-cite and Ile-Saint-Louis on Saturday afternoon. We met at the fontain de St. Michel, which was pretty.


I arrived at the square a little early, so i got my first crepe, which was delicious!! I also found this really neat bookstore, Gilbert-Jeune. It had like 5 different stores just in the area i was in. It was awesome.
Kelsy then took us to Notre-Dame. We didn't go in because the line was reallly long, I will go in at some point this trip! My favorite part of Notre Dame was actually the back side. The rosace was gorgeous and it is very gothic, which I think is really pretty.


We then went and got ice cream (le glace). It was sooo delicious! I got chocolate! Then we went to la Sainte-Chappelle. Which was really cool! THe downstairs part of the church was neat, but the upstairs was magnificent. The stained glass windows are humungous and totally awesome!! It was a great little church, next to a municipal building. After Sainte-Chappelle we went back to Notre Dame and said our goodbyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment