Sunday, February 13, 2011

Paris, je t'aime

This past friday (the 11th) was a beautiful day which made me, and all of my friends fall in love with paris all over again. It was a beautiful 60 degrees and sunny. I started my day with my OFII appt, but that's another matter... then went to la place de la concorde. Which has had many many names. It is where the guillotine was set up during the French Revolution, so Marie Antoinette lost her head here! Now there is just a pretty fountain and the obelisk. 
 also a carousel
 I then went to les Jardins des Tuileries. Which was pretty even in February. I sat a fountain pond thing for a while and just watched all the people. It was very relaxing.

 Then to le Musee de L'orangerie. which is where Monet's Nympheas are. which are just awe-inspiring and wonderful. Monet wanted it to be a place of serenity, which I think that it is.
 my favorite part of the water lilies

 detail shot of the crazy colors that are in the painting.
 Then went to l'ile-saint-louis and got ice cream from Berthillon, which is absolutely delicious!!!
 my flavors were litchee and peche

then stumbled upon a street farmer. which was cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment